De Buyer is world famous for its steel pans! The Mineral B Element Country Pan has 6 sizes/options, ranging from a 2.5lt single handle pan up to a 5.5lt double handle pan. These pans are great for preparing and serving foods that have more volume that need to be stirred as they are deeper ranging from 7.8cm in height up to 9.6cm.
We have chosen to stock this pan as it is robust and durable!
The Mineral B range has excellent heat-conducting properties. The pans are coated with a beeswax finish to protect them from oxidation before initial use. They will build up natural non-stick properties over time from gradual seasoning. The pans have a French style handle which is riveted onto the pan.
First use (seasoning your frying pan):
- Clean your pan with very hot water to remove the beeswax. Then dry well.
- Pour about 1cm of cooking oil into the pan and heat. Wipe the oil around the pan so that the full surface is covered. Heat for about 5 minutes at a medium to high temperature. Remove from heat if the oil starts to smoke.
- Pour off the oil and wipe away any excess with a paper towel.
- Your pan is now ready for use! It will continue to season and develop non-stick properties the more you use it.
- Your pan will darken over time.
Cleaning after use:
- Wash the frying pan with very hot water and a sponge, and wipe dry. Do not use detergents or place in dishwasher.
- To store, wipe oil over the surface with a paper towel and put away in a dry place.
- Do not leave your pan to soak.
- Re-season your pan from time to time.